2022 GMC Terrain Model Review
- Starting at $27,900 MSRP*
- Standard 1.5L Turbo 4-cylinder engine (170 HP / 203 LB-FT TQ) and 9-speed automatic transmission (FWD standard, AWD available)
- GMC infotainment system with 7-inch diagonal touchscreen (standard), 8-inch touchscreen available
- Standard GMC Pro Safety (suite of 6 driver-assist technologies)
- Available perforated-leather seat upholstery with heating/ventilation functions for front seats
- Wireless Apple CarPlay/Wireless Android Auto capability for compatible phones
- OnStar® & GMC Connected Services capable
- Available AT4 trim featuring unique off-road trim including front steel skid plate protection
About the GMC Terrain
Designed to cater to the needs of those who refuse to blend in with the crowd, the GMC Terrain combines precision engineering with impeccable style to create a truly remarkable crossover SUV. Beneath the hood of the Terrain lies a 1.5-liter turbocharged engine that delivers an inspiring combination of responsive performance and impressive fuel economy. Paired with the confidence of available all-wheel drive, the Terrain has the confidence to help you tackle even the most challenging situations. Step inside the cabin and you’ll find an interior that’s designed to adapt to your active lifestyle. Available perforated leather-trimmed upholstery helps ease stress and tension on your daily commute while an available hands-free power liftgate provides simplified access to the rear cargo area. A full suite of GMC Pro Safety driver-assistance technologies provides a helping hand when you need it the most behind the wheel of your GMC Terrain.
What the Critics Say
“It’s sinister up front, but quickly flows into a chic rear end with a blacked-out rear pillar that makes the roof appear to float. The business-class body wraps around a truck-like cabin with ruggedly outsized controls and blocky shapes. It’s a handsome look, framed in low-gloss materials and stitched with fine leather in the Denali edition.” — The Car Connection
“Inside, the Terrain offers seating for up to five people, though four will be much more comfortable, especially on longer drives. The front seats offer generous head, leg and hip room, and higher trims bring plush leathers that truly feel premium and expensive. The Terrain also features excellent sound deadening materials, which gives it a luxurious, isolated feel.” — Forbes
What’s New for 2022
For 2022, the GMC Terrain receives a significant exterior refresh that’s highlighted by a new front fascia and new grille designs found across the model range. You’ll also notice redesigned LED headlamps, LED taillamps, and alloy wheel designs on all models as well. Three new exterior colors making their debut this year are Desert Sand Metallic, Cayenne Red Metallic, and Marine Metallic. Inside the cabin, the Terrain boasts new interior fabrics, standard wireless Apple CarPlay/Android Auto integration, and Amazon Alexa capabilities. Finally, a new Terrain AT4 trim launches this year with a unique off-road-focused appearance and standard AWD.
GMC Terrain Features
Sleek Styling & Capable Performance
Confident, capable, and crafted to help you get out and explore – the dynamic GMC Terrain boasts attractive styling to help you make a memorable first impression. Its bold upright front fascia is complemented by sleek LED headlamps that offer superior visibility. Beneath the hood lies a standard 1.5L Turbo engine that cranks out a balanced 170 horsepower and 203 lb-ft of torque. For ultimate confidence behind the wheel, the GMC Terrain is also available with an optional All-Wheel Drive system with a dedicated Off-Road mode. Its standard 9-speed automatic transmission delivers responsive acceleration and contributes to the outstanding efficiency of the Terrain. Terrain Denali models benefit from a standard Premium Suspension with Enhanced Shock Control, providing a serene ride by automatically absorbing imperfections in the road surface.
Striking a balance between comfort and capability, the versatile interior of the GMC Terrain helps you make the most of your weekend plans. Drivers will have their choice of premium cloth or perforated leather upholstery along with optional heated and ventilated front seats to help you stay comfortable in all temperatures. Standard fold-flat second-row seats and front passenger seat makes it easy to accommodate long or bulky cargo via the optional Hands-Free Programmable Power Liftgate. An available Bose® Premium 7-Speaker Audio System delivers an unparalleled listening experience inside of the Terrain, boasting extraordinary sound clarity and depth. Other premium amenities available inside the GMC Terrain include a Remote Start system, Universal Home Remote, and a SkyScrape sunroof.
Cutting-Edge Technology & Safety
Groundbreaking technology and safety features help further elevate the driving experience inside of the GMC Terrain. The GMC Infotainment System is your hub for all of your favorite multimedia features, enhanced by standard wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration. A 7-inch diagonal color touchscreen is included as standard while an optional 8-inch unit is available on AT4 and Denali trims. GMC Pro Safety is a collection of 6 individual safety technologies included as standard across the Terrain model range. Other advanced features available to provide a helping hand behind the wheel include High-Definition Surround Vision, Automatic Parking Assist, and Adaptive Cruise Control. No matter how far your travels take you, the GMC Terrain is here to help you reach your destination safely.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $29,095 MSRP*
- 1.5L Turbocharged Engine and 9-Speed Automatic Transmission
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Compatibility
- GMC Pro Safety
- GMC infotainment system with 7-inch diagonal touchscreen
- C-Shaped LED signature lighting
- Starting at $33,095 MSRP*
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- HD Rear Vision Camera
- Heated driver and front passenger seats
- OnStar® & GMC Connected Services capable
- Seat trim, perforated leather-appointed
- Starting at $35,195 MSRP*
- AT4-Exclusive Goodyear® Sport Terrain Tires
- Front Steel Skid Plate
- Traction Select System With Off-Road Mode
- Black Chrome Exterior Accents And Finish
- Unique AT4 Interior
- Starting at $37,795 MSRP*
- Denali Premium Suspension With Enhanced Shock Control
- 19-inch Ultra-Bright Machined Aluminum Wheels with Premium Gray Painted Accents
- Wireless Charging
- Bose® Premium 7-Speaker Audio System
- GMC Connected Navigation (Limited Trial)
*The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details. Click here to see all GMC destination freight charges.